1952 LAGONDA 2.6L DROP HEAD COUPE
Body Design: Frank Feeley
Coachwork by: Tickford / England
Engine Design by: W.O. Bentley
Engine Built by: Lagonda
Chassis by: Lagonda
2.6 Litre twin overhead cams. inline 6 cylinder Hemispherical combustion chamber. 105 BHP .
The Lagonda company was founded in Staines, Middlesex England in 1899 by Wilbur Gunn, an opera singer, formerly from Springfield, Ohio. Lagonda was named for a small river near Springfield, Ohio.First year of production for this model was 1948 under David Brown Company ownership, which had purchased Aston Martin previously and moved Lagonda into the Aston Martin Plant.
The entire production run of DHC's was 118 from 1948 to 1952(some were sold as 1953 models)